How To Plan Meals Even Though You Hate Doing It Part II
Here is part one on how to plan meals in case you missed it.
If you can plan meals, you can lose weight. And Writing down your meals at the beginning of the day is very easy if you know what to eat to lose weight. So it’s not surprising that most people are very unsure! Here are the basics on how to plan meals.
- You will decide how often you will eat. I prefer 5 to 6 times but some people do better with 2 to 3 meals. Decide which one you are.
- When will you eat these meals? Write down the when next to the what.
- How many calories, and grams of fat, protein, carbohydrates, and fiber are in each of these meals? This is wake-up call number one for you. Knowing this is gold.
- Each of these meals should have at least 25 grams of protein in it. That is big wake-up call number two for you – do you know how much protein is in your meals?
- Big wake-up call number three – are you preparing these meals or buying them? If you’re preparing them, do you have all the ingredients in your house to make these meals? Do you have enough for the week?
- And do you know when you’ll prepare them? I know the answers to all these questions and that is a big part as to why I am successful. That auto-pilot is priceless because I can tutor my son in math or watch him play video games all while meals are being cooked in the background.
So what you’re finding out from this exercise is that the hardest part of writing down your day of eating is in actually knowing what the heck to eat. And whether you realize it or not, what you’re really wondering is what the heck can you eat that helps you lose weight that tastes really good.
And this is where you should really be spending your time. Anyone who wants to lose weight is really saying that they want to identify healthy meal after healthy meal that tastes delicious to them and fills them up before the overeat. This is what you want to look for. Here is what works for me.
Every low carb day
- Grilled steak or chicken with spinach or broccoli twice a day..
- Low carb high protein ice cream smoothies (my personal go-to recipe for sweet cravings).
Occasionally on low carb days
- Nuts and cheese
- Tomatoes with mozzarella and basil
- Low carb cheese and pesto quesadillas
Crepes with Greek yogurt or ham and cheese
- Oatmeal with vanilla protein powder
- Black beans with chicken
Note this list is not long, and for me, it doesn’t need to be. That’s because I love the taste of these foods so much that I can keep eating them not get bored. Your mission as someone who wants to drop fat then is to find your own list and fill a meal plan with them. Then just follow through on that as many as many days per week as you can. That is what successful weight loss looks like!
Tagged Weight Loss