Weight Loss Tips To Make the Kitchen Your Ally – Future Former Fatty Blog 174
Here are some weight loss tips. Want to lose weight? Make the kitchen your ally. The secret to keeping from grabbing unhealthy foods is to keep healthy foods well stocked and ready. The kitchen does not have to be your enemy.
Checkout All The Future Former Fatty Blogs HERE
Even for those who do not like to cook, the kitchen can be your ally. We have become a society of instant gratification. We are on the go, busy, running 24/7. When we get home, we want to eat now, and we want it fast and easy.
Here are some weight loss tips that may help to make the kitchen your ally.
- Keep cut up vegetables and fruits ready to eat and in containers in the fridge. An afternoon of preparation can make the rest of the week easy. Heck, you can even buy cut up vegetables and fruits ready to eat in the grocery store.
- Buy meat and prepare serving sizes ready to grab and defrost quickly. I will buy chicken, cut it up, clean it and put into freezer bags. You can even marinate and freeze. I do the same with hamburger and steaks. Fish is always quick to cook. Keep canned tuna or salmon always on hand when you want to toss a quick salad together and throw protein onto it. You can do the same with leftover chicken. Put servings of leftover chicken into freezer bags, grab what you need, defrost, warm up, and toss onto a salad. Quick and easy.
- Sugar free Jell-O and sugar free popsicles are great foods to keep on hand when you have to have something of a treat.
- Unsweetened cocoa made with water and artificial sweetener is another great standby when you want something warm and chocolaty.
- Plan menus ahead of time, then only buy what you need. And never go shopping when you are hungry.
- Avoid impulse buying. If it is not on your list don’t buy it, don’t try it. You will buy too much and eat too much.
- If you love to cook, experiment with recipes. I am finding so many recipes that are actually fabulous. I have been exploring with gluten free recipes and Paleo recipes. They are great and tasty and fall within Aaron’s program.
- Cook for your family what you would cook for yourself. Retrain everyone to a healthier way of eating. Soon, everyone will feel better and be on board.
- Let the kitchen work for rather than against you. Eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle is not an option just for you, it is an option the whole family can embrace.
Until we meet again, this is Linda Misleh Wagner, Future Former Fatty.
Learn more about Linda HERE
Tagged Control Cravings, Diabetes Emotional Eating