Italian Baked Egg and Vegetable Cups: 160 Calories & 12 Carbs
Italian Baked Egg and Vegetable Cups are a great snack or breakfast idea. You can make them lower in carbs by using less tomatoes if you so desire.
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into ¾-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove elephant garlic,
- minced ½ tsp dried basil or two chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ tsp RealSalt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup grated fat-free Romano or Manchego cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F and spread a large, shallow roasting pan with parchment paper.
- Put tomatoes, pepper, zucchini, onion, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in pan and spray with safflower oil; toss to coat. Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are browed and crisp-tender, about 30 minutes.
- Spray 8- or 10-oz ramekins or custard cups with nonstick spray.
- Divide vegetables evenly among cups.
- Beat eggs and divide into fourths.
- Make a well in the center of the vegetables and carefully break 1 egg into each cup.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place cups on baking sheet and bake until eggs are just set, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information (1 Ramekin Is One Serving)
- 157 calories
- 6 grams fat
- 12 grams carbohydrate
- 12 grams protein
- 3 grams fiber
Tagged Control Cravings, Diabetes Nutrition, Diabetes recipes