Future Former Fatty Blog 93: 10 Ways To Beat The Cheat
Hint: To Beat The Cheat, Sometimes Give Yourself A Treat (See #10)
There are times when you feel like you are going crazy with cravings, and it is these times when you need to know how to beat the cheat. You may not be aware of what set you off, but whatever is was, at that moment it doesn’t matter. Here is a list of ways to beat the cheat. They will work if you are under stress and reaching for naughty noshes that will only destroy your efforts.
Checkout All The Future Former Fatty Blogs HERE
- Call somebody. Most cravings last twenty minutes. Get past the twenty minutes and usually the craving will go away.
- Drink water. Or drink anything you enjoy. Perhaps a cup of coffee or tea, or a diet soda. Many times when we think we are hungry, we are really thirsty.
- Move your body. Put on some fast paced music you love and get up and dance. I promise you, you will feel instantly better.
- Talk to yourself. No, you are not crazy, but sometimes you have to be your own motivational speaker. Pump yourself up. Encourage yourself.
- Pull out pictures of your before, and then think about where you want to be and how you will look. I keep a picture of myself sitting on a couch when I was four hundred and thirty pounds. Trust me. That picture is a great deterrent.
- Keep foods on hand that won’t ruin your efforts. If you are craving sweets, keep low calorie pudding or sugar free Jell-O in your fridge ready to grab. Dream Delite frozen yogurt is awesome in these moments of trying to beat the cheat.
- Go shopping. Treat yourself to a new outfit, or maybe a new pair of shoes, or some makeup. Treat yourself for sticking to your promises.
- Get a mani/pedi. Doing something nice for yourself makes you feel good about yourself
- The buddy system. Form a support group. Knowing there are others going through the same thing as you helps, and call one of them and get together. Promise yourself to be inspirational to someone else. Being an example for others helps you take care of yourself too.
- Give into the craving. If all else fails, give in to the craving, but only a little bit. Don’t keep foods you know will do you in in the house. But if you are going to cheat, then beat the cheat by having to physically get up and go out to get what you want. And if you still actually make yourself go, then only buy the smallest amount of whatever you are craving. It’s not the end of the world. Chances are if you have to physically go out to get whatever you are craving, you won’t go and you will fight past the crave.
It’s not easy to beat the cheat, but it can be done. Remember the goal line only comes closer as you move yourself towards it. We can do this.
Until we meet again, this is Linda Misleh Wagner, Future Former Fatty.
Learn more about Linda HERE
Tagged Control Cravings