Low Carb Roasted Peppers: 13 Carbs & 300 Calories
Low Carb Roasted Peppers Ingredients
Low Carb Peppers
- 6 large red, yellow or orange peppers, cored, washed, and drained
- 1 lb ground 15% fat ground beef
- 1 large finely chopped red onion (around 150 grams)
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Two 15 ounce cans diced organic tomatoes
- ½ cup Manchego cheese
- Empty one can diced tomatoes (not drained) into saucepan.
- Add salt and cayenne.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Clean, wash and dry peppers.
- Grease with safflower oil a large baking dish for the six peppers.
- Sautee beef with onion.
- Mix together cooked beef, salt, cayenne, one can organic tomatoes (drained), and cheese
- Stuff mixture evenly into all six peppers.
- Pour cooked sauce over and around peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and cook ten minutes more or until sauce is bubbling and peppers are soft.
- Serve low carb roasted peppers and enjoy! Careful because they’re hot!
Low Carb Roasted Peppers Nutritional Information
- 15 grams of fat
- 28 grams of protein
- 13 grams of carbohydarates
- 5 grams of fiber
- 300 calories
Tagged Diabetes Nutrition, Diabetes recipes, healthy recipes