Lettuce Wrapped Sliders: 2 Carbs & 260 Calories
Bison or Beef Sliders
- One pound ground bison
- ½ roma tomato
- ¼ Anaheim chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Real Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- One head butter lettuce
- Sliced Roma tomato
- Thin slices Manchego cheese
- Sliced red onion
- Red pepper
- Yellow Squash
- In small food processor, grind together tomato, chili pepper, red onion, salt, and pepper.
- Mix into one pound ground bison or very lean ground beef.
- Separate into twelve small burgers or sliders.
- Barbeque until preferred doneness.
- Top sliders with avocado, tomato, sliced onion, and cheese.
- Serve sliced cucumber wedges, yellow squash, or red pepper on the side.
- Serve on burgers wrapped in leaves of washed butter lettuce. Three sliders per person makes 4 servings.
- 260 calories
- 17 grams fat
- 25 grams protein
- 2 grams carbohydrate
- 4 grams fiber
Tagged Diabetes Nutrition, Diabetes recipes, healthy recipes