Autumn Soup: 13 Carbs & 250 Calories
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1 pound carrots organic baby carrots – each cut in half horizontally
- 2 small heads broccoli, chopped, stems included
- ½ head cauliflower
- 8 chopped Roma tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp Real Salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sautee chopped onion, celery, and ground bison or beef in safflower oil until meat is browned.
- Add chopped fresh or large can of chopped, unseasoned tomatoes.
- Add one cup water.
- Stir in thyme, salt, cayenne.
- Bring to a simmer and add carrots and squash.
- Cook 20 minutes.
- Taste and add more seasoning to taste.
- Add cauliflower and broccoli and cook 25 minutes more. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information For Autumn Soup
- 250 calories
- 13 grams carbohydrate
- 5 grams fiber
- 11 grams fat
- 25 grams protein
Tagged Diabetes Nutrition, Diabetes recipes, healthy recipes