Low Carb Marinara Sauce – 13 Carbs and 190 Calories
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- One 32 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Real salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat olive oil over medium heat on large saucepan.
- Sauté garlic for two and a half minutes before adding in onions.
- Continue to sauté for anohter 2 and a half minutes.
- Add in all other ingredients, and cook for at least 60 minutes, uncovered, until sauce becomes thick.
- Once done, remove the bay leaf, and serve or store for later use. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional information: 13 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbohydrate, 5 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, 190 calories
Tagged Control Cravings, Diabetes Nutrition, Diabetes recipes, healthy recipes, Weight Loss