Indian Vegetables – 32 Carbs and 200 Calories
- 2 medium red potatoes, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets in small pieces
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots
- ½ cup chopped cauliflower
- Real Salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Chop each vegetable and place in separate bowls.
- Note: You will season this to taste. The heavier the cumin and turmeric, the more this will have the taste of an Indian dish.
- Add potatoes and onions to skillet, sprinkling with RealSalt, cumin, cayenne, and turmeric. Cover and cook on low for about ten minutes or until potatoes and onions begin to soften.
- Add carrots to skillet, a touch more of each seasoning, and cover and cook on low ten more minutes.
- Add broccoli and cauliflower to skillet, a touch more of each seasoning, mix through all, add ¼ cup water, and cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Serve ¼ of vegie mixture per person with ¼ cup Greek yogurt.
- Put over ½ cup cooked brown rice. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information: 4 grams of fat, 32 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber, and 200 calories per serving
Tagged Control Cravings, Diabetes Nutrition, Diabetes recipes, healthy recipes, Weight Loss