Eggplant Parmesan – 19 Carbs and 450 calories
- Eggplan Parmesan
- 1 firm, medium eggplant
- 12 ounce buffalo or fresh mozzarella
- ¾ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 8 porcini or brown mushrooms, sliced
- NDP marinara sauce (you may use a low carb sauce instead)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Real salt
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Casserole dish
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice eggplant into 1/8 inch thick slices.
- Brush each slice of eggplant with oil, sprinkle with real salt, and bake about 15 minutes in 350% oven.
- Brush oil in casserole dish to prevent sticking.
- Layer sauce on bottom of dish.
- Layer par-cooked eggplant slices.
- Cover with 1/3 of each cheese and some sauce.
- Layer in some sliced mushrooms.
- Repeat for two more layers, leaving mushrooms off top.
- Cover and bake at 350% for 45 minutes.
- Serve with salad. Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information (including NDP marinara sauce): 30 grams of fat, 19 grams of carbohydrates, 25 grams of protein, 16 grams of fiber, and 450 calories per serving
Tagged Control Cravings, Diabetes Nutrition, Diabetes recipes, healthy recipes, Weight Loss